Birthdays are really important to me; not only to celebrate life, but to celerate how much I’ve grown as a person. I just turned 24 and I’d like to believe I’ve grown deeper and wiser.
Here are my “lessons learned” as I hit 24:
- I’ve learned to stand up for myself and do the things I really want to do. My business has been growing since I started it two years ago and I’m really happy to be in my position right now. I’ve been conforming to the world’s standards and beliefs for the past years and I’m happy I’m standing on my own ground now.
- Though I consider myself strong, I’m not the typical confrontational type. I’m happy I could now voice out most of my opinions and views and thoughts.
- I got to accept that there are things I can’t control or change. I’ve learned to just let go and move forward.
- I could say I cares less about how the world percieves me. I am my own man and I am who I am. I stopped letting the world dictate who I sould be.
- I’d rather have few friends I can count through my fingers whom I can trust; rather than having a bunch who’s throw you out anytime. I become conscious of the friends I keep. I only have now friends whom I can trust, count on, lean on and those I know who wouldn’t leave me hanging.
- This world is a cruel one. It’s either you let it fuck you up or you fight back. I’ve learned to fight and be tough. I haven’t cried for the longest time and I know I’ve been stronger amd better this time.
- Love is dynamic. It transcends through time and space and any other elements. When I feel down and troubled, I try to remember the people who love me and I know I’ll be better cause I am loved.